Welcome to EggLib’s home page!
EggLib is a C++/Python library and program package for
evolutionary genetics and genomics. Main features are sequence data
management, sequence polymorphism analysis, and coalescent
simulations. EggLib is a flexible Python module with a performant
underlying C++ library and allows fast and intuitive development of
Python programs and scripts.
Citation: De Mita S. and M. Siol. 2012. EggLib:
processing, analysis and simulation tools for population genetics
and genomics. BMC Genet. 13:27.
Current version: 3.0.0b13
This is a beta version currently distributed in testing mode.
EggLib v3 incorporates major improvements (many more diversity
statistics, built-in non-synonymous/synonymous analysis of
diversity, new features). A few features still need to be
incoporated and much testing is still needed.
Beware that you
might run into crashes or obtain incorrect results. If you face a
crash of the library or if you obtain seemingly incorrect results
(in particular a discrepancy between EggLib's output and statistics
obtained with another program), we would be extremely grateful if
you sent us information allowing to fix the error.
In particular, we recommend that you don't rely on results obtained
with the classes ABC
(which is not available by default), Nnet
The documentation for EggLib v2 is available here.
- 2016, July 17: New beta of EggLib v3 (3.0.0b8).
- 2016, May 4: New beta of EggLib v3 (3.0.0b6).
- 2016, March 4: Bug-fix release of EggLib v2 (2.1.11).
- 2016, March 3: EggLib v3 is now in beta mode (3.0.0b1).
- 2014, March 23: Bug-fix release of EggLib v2 (2.1.10). If
Bio++ is used, Bio++ version 2.2.0 should be used.
- 2014, Oct. 4: Bug-fix release of EggLib v2 (2.1.9).
- 2014, Sept. 23: release of preliminary version 3.0.0a1
- 2014, Sept. 23: Bug-fix release of EggLib v2 (2.1.8) handling
a critical bug.
Download and Install EggLib
Full Table of Contents
All documentation sections in one page
Description of changes for all releases
How to use EggLib
Alphabetical index of all functions and classes
Authors and Licence
The list below provides a directy access to the documentation for
the different modules of EggLib: