A seminar by Oscar Pérez Priego, Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry (Jena, Germany) entitled:
‘Experiences from carbon, water and nutrient cycles studies in (semi-)arid ecosystem’
will take place on Monday 24th April 2017 at 11.00 am in the Tilleul room at INRA Champenoux
Faculté des sciences, Amphitheater 8, Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy, Université de Lorraine
March 29-31, 2017
Redox regulation referred to as post-translational modifications affecting protein cysteine residues is of great importance for many biological processes. A milestone was the discovery in the 70s that photosynthesis is regulated at several entry points by such modifications. However, over the last decade, it has become obvious in all organisms that additional cellular functions and signaling pathways are controlled by redox changes, some of these being relevant for human health or microbial development and virulence. This redox biology symposium is the third of a series initiated in 2013 in Kaiserslautern followed by a second edition in 2015 already in Nancy. This edition will deal with redox regulation in eukaryote and bacterial systems with emphasis on plants as it is organized in the honor of Pr Jean Pierre Jacquot, who has made pioneering discoveries in this field and will officially retire in 2017.
BioAsie Program Meeting
‘Extraction, characterization and optimization
of bio-molécules from by-products of the Asian timber’
25th to 27th April, 2017
Université de Lorraine, Nancy, France
Faculté des Sciences et Technologie,
Salle de réunion du LERMAB,
entrée 4A, 3eme étage
25th April, 2017 – 10.00 am :
Rita K Sari : In vitro antioxidant and physical proporties of tropical cream formulations containing a combination of Acacia mangium, Toona sinensis, and Centella asiatica leaf extracts – Abstract
25th April, 2017 – 11.00 am :
Associate Professor Dr. Rozi Mohamed : Domestication of the endangered Aquilaria tree species in Malaysia for Agarwood production – Abstract
26th April, 2017 – 10.00 am :
Phila Raharivelomanana : Endemic tree species extracts assessment from Marquesan pharmacopoeia and pharmacopoeia – Abstract
26th April, 2017 – 11.00 am :
Wasrin Syafii and Rita Kartika Sari : Bio-activities of extractives from tropical hardwoods – Abstract
Inra and the Doctoral School RP2E offer during 2017 a “Contrat Jeune Scientifique” (Young Scientist Contract) for 3 years (duration for completion of a PhD).
Research will take place at Nancy (France). Candidates may choose among the five topics offered this year :
Topic 1 : Interactions between biogeochemical cycles of the main elements in forest ecosystems
Topic 2 : Microrefugia facing climate change: bioclimatic modeling of steep-sided valleys in northeastern France.
Topic 3 : The key role of biomechanics for shaping tree stems
Topic 4 : How do environmental and ontogenic factors modulate the distribution of growth along tree stems?
Topic 5 : Forest biomass and carbon accounting in the French forests: Identification and modelling of inter-specific, management-driven and environmental- patterns in wood density from new records of the French national forest inventory
Click here for more information.
Application deadline : Friday May 19th 2017.
Les Disputes d’AgroParisTech : Nature/Cultures :
“Quelle forêt pour demain ?“
Mardi 21 mars 2017 – 18h-20h – Muséum-aquarium – Nancy
A seminar by Dr. Michiel Vos entitled: ‘Natural variation in the social bacterium Myxococcus xanthus’ will take place on Thursday 9th March 2017 at 2.00 pm at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques (FST) à Vandoeuvre – Amphi 7
“The soil bacterium Myxococcus xanthus is best known for its ability to build multicellular fruiting bodies. This form of social development has been shown to be prone to ‘cheating’ behaviour by asocial clones. Previous work has mainly been based on laboratory strains. In this talk, I will describe work on the genetic, phenotypic and behavioural diversity of natural populations of this fascinating species.”
Dr. Vos is invited by the Department DynAMic and his lecture is given within the Master BioMANE program. The seminar is sponsored by the LabEx ARBRE.
Pour ce sixième appel à projet, 29 projets ont été déposés :
- 15 projets innovants-recherche
- 8 projets incitatifs-recherche
- 2 projets incitatif-valorisation
- 4 projets incitatifs-formation/dissémination.
Suite à l’évaluation par des experts internationaux et par les membres du bureau exécutif du LabEx ARBRE, 16 projets ont été retenus :
6 projets innovants-recherche
- BARK_TAN_BIO : Within- and between- tree Biodiversity of softwood BARK TANnins
- HPFL : Assessment of the forest history of the Lorraine plateau
- RESEL : Risk Aversion, Livelihoods and Ecosystem Services Provisioning and Deforestation in Multifunctional Landscape
- ROOTUP : Root water uptake in ecosystem models constrained by water isotopes and chloride concentrations
- WOODISOTOP : Unravelling the influence of environment and development on intra-annual dynamics of wood formation and resulting tree-ring structure and isotope ratios
- SAP-ONF : La gestion du changement dans les organisations publiques complexes: l’approche de la stratégie comme pratique dans le cas du Contrat d’Objectifs et de Performance 2016-2020 de l’Office National des Forêts
6 projets incitatifs-recherche
- DivBact0 : Characterisation of the taxonomic and functional diversity of bacterial communities isolated from heartwood and sapwood of decaying oak
- FOREST-TRIP : FORESTry policies design for under climate change: improving Time and RIsk Preferences measures
- FORMES : Efficient FORest Management Strategies for Ecosystem Service provision
- L4REX : Looking for REX (looking for Phanerochaete chrysosporium mutants Resistant to EXtractives)
- BiopolyMOS : Fractionation and Characterization of Fungal And Tree Biopolymers during forest MOS degradation
- MycorWeath : Experimental characterization and quantification of the contribution of biological weathering from mycorrhizal fungi to tree nutrition by isotopic dilution
1 projet incitatif-valorisation
- XPSILV : Adapt GIS Coop experimental silvicultural network to imagine new silvicultures in global change context
3 projets incitatifs-formation/dissémination
- DOPALEP-2 : Développement d’outils partagés pour la sylviculture de pin d’Alep de qualité
- SIFER : International Doctoral Course “Stable Isotopes in Forest Ecosystem Research
- NEWSYLVADAPT : Partage d’expérience et identification des priorités d’action pour la mise en place concertée de nouvelles sylvicultures adaptatives durables, rentables, et acceptables socialement.
Les résumés des projets retenus seront disponibles prochainement.
Joyeux Noël! Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten! Feliz Navidad!