Inra and the Doctoral School RP2E offer during 2017 a “Contrat Jeune Scientifique” (Young Scientist Contract) for 3 years (duration for completion of a PhD).
Research will take place at Nancy (France). Candidates may choose among the five topics offered this year :
Topic 1 : Interactions between biogeochemical cycles of the main elements in forest ecosystems
Topic 2 : Microrefugia facing climate change: bioclimatic modeling of steep-sided valleys in northeastern France.
Topic 3 : The key role of biomechanics for shaping tree stems
Topic 4 : How do environmental and ontogenic factors modulate the distribution of growth along tree stems?
Topic 5 : Forest biomass and carbon accounting in the French forests: Identification and modelling of inter-specific, management-driven and environmental- patterns in wood density from new records of the French national forest inventory
Click here for more information.
Application deadline : Friday May 19th 2017.
Les Disputes d’AgroParisTech : Nature/Cultures :
“Quelle forêt pour demain ?“
Mardi 21 mars 2017 – 18h-20h – Muséum-aquarium – Nancy
A seminar by Dr. Michiel Vos entitled: ‘Natural variation in the social bacterium Myxococcus xanthus’ will take place on Thursday 9th March 2017 at 2.00 pm at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques (FST) à Vandoeuvre – Amphi 7
“The soil bacterium Myxococcus xanthus is best known for its ability to build multicellular fruiting bodies. This form of social development has been shown to be prone to ‘cheating’ behaviour by asocial clones. Previous work has mainly been based on laboratory strains. In this talk, I will describe work on the genetic, phenotypic and behavioural diversity of natural populations of this fascinating species.”
Dr. Vos is invited by the Department DynAMic and his lecture is given within the Master BioMANE program. The seminar is sponsored by the LabEx ARBRE.
Pour ce sixième appel à projet, 29 projets ont été déposés :
- 15 projets innovants-recherche
- 8 projets incitatifs-recherche
- 2 projets incitatif-valorisation
- 4 projets incitatifs-formation/dissémination.
Suite à l’évaluation par des experts internationaux et par les membres du bureau exécutif du LabEx ARBRE, 16 projets ont été retenus :
6 projets innovants-recherche
- BARK_TAN_BIO : Within- and between- tree Biodiversity of softwood BARK TANnins
- HPFL : Assessment of the forest history of the Lorraine plateau
- RESEL : Risk Aversion, Livelihoods and Ecosystem Services Provisioning and Deforestation in Multifunctional Landscape
- ROOTUP : Root water uptake in ecosystem models constrained by water isotopes and chloride concentrations
- WOODISOTOP : Unravelling the influence of environment and development on intra-annual dynamics of wood formation and resulting tree-ring structure and isotope ratios
- SAP-ONF : La gestion du changement dans les organisations publiques complexes: l’approche de la stratégie comme pratique dans le cas du Contrat d’Objectifs et de Performance 2016-2020 de l’Office National des Forêts
6 projets incitatifs-recherche
- DivBact0 : Characterisation of the taxonomic and functional diversity of bacterial communities isolated from heartwood and sapwood of decaying oak
- FOREST-TRIP : FORESTry policies design for under climate change: improving Time and RIsk Preferences measures
- FORMES : Efficient FORest Management Strategies for Ecosystem Service provision
- L4REX : Looking for REX (looking for Phanerochaete chrysosporium mutants Resistant to EXtractives)
- BiopolyMOS : Fractionation and Characterization of Fungal And Tree Biopolymers during forest MOS degradation
- MycorWeath : Experimental characterization and quantification of the contribution of biological weathering from mycorrhizal fungi to tree nutrition by isotopic dilution
1 projet incitatif-valorisation
- XPSILV : Adapt GIS Coop experimental silvicultural network to imagine new silvicultures in global change context
3 projets incitatifs-formation/dissémination
- DOPALEP-2 : Développement d’outils partagés pour la sylviculture de pin d’Alep de qualité
- SIFER : International Doctoral Course “Stable Isotopes in Forest Ecosystem Research
- NEWSYLVADAPT : Partage d’expérience et identification des priorités d’action pour la mise en place concertée de nouvelles sylvicultures adaptatives durables, rentables, et acceptables socialement.
Les résumés des projets retenus seront disponibles prochainement.
Joyeux Noël! Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten! Feliz Navidad!
Thursday, 8 December 2016
Faculté des Sciences et Technologies
The Center for Agronomic Innovation (Carrefour de l’Innovation Agronomique – CIAg) has gained recognition for offering research institutions (INRA and other research and development centers geared toward innovation) a valued platform for disseminating new projects and research results. Through a series of topic-specific forum discussions structured to foster productive and informative exchanges between researchers and actors in private sector development, the CIAg has become an important contributor at the crossroads of socio-economic changes currently taking place in industry and the French territories.
INRA has organized an upcoming CIAg forum dedicated to the emergence of a bio-based economy for forest and wood. This event will take place on December 8, 2016 at the Faculty of Science in Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy. This CIAg forum will involve AgroParisTech Nancy and the University of Lorraine, with support from LabEx ARBRE.
While France is at the forefront in Europe in terms of wood production, trends in net trade balance have shown a decades long chronic deficit (currently close to 6 billion euros per year). In this context, the investment initiative Research Innovation 2025 proposes a series of innovation actions for the forest-wood industry which take into account not only new uses for wood and the role of ecosystem services, but also sets out a new vision towards developing research-innovation relations in this sector
In particular, newly developed concepts focused on the bioeconomy, involving the circular economy, and accounting for cascading value of products, by-products and non-linear interactions between sector actors, together offer a comprehensive analytical framework that could potentially breathe new life into the industry. The CIAg will aim to revisit and illustrate innovation issues related to forest resource management and wood uses.
Registration is free and is open through October.
For more information..
“Ecological economic modeling for biodiversity conservation”
Martin Drechsler — Research fellow at the Institute of Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research in Leipzig
Wednesday, 5 October 2016
13h30 — main conference room
LabEx ARBRE and the LEF joint research unit (Forest Economics Laboratory) are pleased to announce the upcoming conference by Martin Drechsler, a research fellow at the Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ in Leipzig. The title of this conference is “Ecological economic modeling for biodiversity conservation”. Dr. Drechsler will provide an overview of the potential uses and application of integrated ecological-economic modeling and will concentrate on four principal axes: (1) analyzing spatial and temporal dynamics within a specific territory with a view to issuing tradable permits promoting biodiversity conservation, (2) developing a formula for assessing the viability of a population in the context of global changes, (3) supporting collaborative management of mobile resources, and (4) designing an online tool to support the implementation process for agri-environment management measures (ECOPAY : Agri-environment measures provide payments to farmers who subscribe, on a voluntary basis, to environmental commitments related to the preservation of the environment and maintaining the countryside).
LabEx ARBRE will hold is annual conference this year on 18 October 2016. Special focus will be given to research results from numerous multidisciplinary projects selected from the annual ARBRE call for proposals, those from knowledge-transfer projects funded within the framework of the 2015 ARBRE-RMT AFORCE joint call for proposals, recently launched actions connected to the upcoming merger between the BEF and LIF labs and to scientific mediation projects.
For the detailed meeting agenda please click here :Colloque annuel ARBRE 2016_ programme final